Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Oh so peaceful here





In the morning fun when no one will be drinking anymore wine
I wake the Sun up by givin him a fresh share full of the wind cup

And I won't be found in the shadows hiding sorrow
I can wait for fate to bring to me any part of my tomorrow

Cause it's oh so peaceful here
No one bending over my shoulder
Nobody breathing in my ear.
It's oh so peaceful here

In the evening shadows are calling me and the dew settles in my mind
And I think of friends in the yesterday when my plans were giggled in rhyme

I had a son while on the run and his love brought a tear to my eye
And maybe some day he might say that I'm a pretty nice guy...Oh my

----------------------

"Accidents can happen and into one I'm gonna slide."

The man died recently. He sung through my childhood. Pretended to scorn him to spite my mother, but like most foolish things we do and never mean, I loved him. Rest well Mr. Rankin. =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no he's DEAD? He was the soundtrack to my childhood, too. I could listen to "Pussywillows, Cattails" forever and ever. How very, very, very, sad.

Unknown said...

Hes the folk-jazz, my mom and dad combined, I wont forget..

Post a Comment