Friday, March 9, 2012

Librare Part 2


Here are a few more images from Stefania's laboratory Librare. The drawers of metal things are actually drawers of metal fonts. I remember there are several on just Bodoni. This is old school printing press stuff, she even has Gutenberg-ish wood blocks (possibly inherited from her father) and a paper chopping machine from the 50s that still works today (chops up to 10cm thick paper and thats how you get even sides on books).

Try not to cut your hand. You don't want to hear the horror stories of paper choppers.
One of the prettiest portraits I've ever seen by Walter Paoletti. I think he did a splendid job portraying Stefania.
There is still some video footage left over from my last visit but I think that'll have to wait. If you haven't seen the video yet check it out here. Its been a busy week, lots of things to wrap up (a 2-year-old project awaiting glorious completion) and prepping a new one in collaboration with other artists AND moving house by end of this month - I think thats pretty much a lot but I'm loving it, happy to be in the company of great creators, thinkers, lovers of life. :)

Happy friday and don't forget to look up at the night sky - full moooon in full swiingg!

No comments:

Post a Comment